The SDC Network brings together local champions from the public, private and non-profit sectors from cities and towns to mobilize small-scale, incremental development in their places to get big results–faster, at less cost, and with community-strengthening benefits.
1. We gain tested, practical knowledge as to what works for inclusive, vibrant, and prosperous walkable urban places built, maintained, and owned by locals.
- Together we learn to harness untapped market and proforma-level data, calibrate local policies, and align local systems for clear insights and powerful outcomes.
- We’re able to work smarter and more efficiently as a result of hearing the stories, experiences, and ideas of people on the same path.
- We build practices in how to work efficiently in local cross-sector teams that keep us focused and delivering small, continuous, and cumulative results; and
- As a community of practice we capture together answers to our least understood questions on the ground, especially as long-standing models and ways of doing business continue to prove inadequate to our local success:
- helping each other see opportunities that aren’t totally clear on our own
- capturing things we can do to help each other and allow all of us to rise together
- redefining what success means in how we practice community and economic development.
Want to Join us?
The SDC Network is a social network free of the distractions of social media.
Accessible via the web or a downloadable iOS /Android app.
Let’s talk about how your group—large or small—can best use this community of practice to accelerate your local goals.
Shoot us a note at info@SmallDevelopmentCounts.org and we’ll be in touch.